Below you can find commonly asked questions about our Advanced PDF feature. Want to learn how you can build Advanced PDFs? Check out this article here.
FAQ - All About Formstack's Advanced PDFs
My logo is not appearing correctly in my Advanced PDFs settings, why is that?
- Please make sure that you're uploading the correct file size and format. You can upload a logo in a JPG or PNG format. To ensure that your logo displays correctly and your PDF doesn't take up too much of your storage space, the maximum file size allowed is 1MB.
- For best results, we recommend an image that is at least 600px in height or width.
I already set up Advanced PDF in another form, do I have to do set this up each time I create a form?
- No, you can copy the last 5 Advanced PDFs settings in your account.
- Note: You can only copy the last 5 Advanced PDF settings if you have access to these forms.
Can I map the metadata in my form?
- Yes, your form's metadata are automatically mapped by default. If you decide against mapping this information, simply uncheck the boxes next to the corresponding metadata field.
Can I attach an Advanced PDF version of the completed submission to my Notification Email or Confirmation Email?
- Yes! Read more about enabling this feature in our Advanced PDF article.
- If you're on a HIPAA account, SMTP settings must be enabled to receive the PDF attachment in your notification emails.
I have an Upload Field in my form but the image is not showing up, why is that?
- Any image uploaded via the Upload Field will appear as the file link instead of the actual image. Signature Fields, however, will show up as an actual image in your PDF.
Can I export Advanced PDF copies of my partial submissions?
- Yes, as long as you enabled the Advanced PDF feature on your form, all you need to do is go to the Partial Submissions tab in your form's Submissions page and begin the export process from there.
- For more information on how to export your form's submissions, please click here.
Can I print a copy of my form into a PDF before it is filled out?
- At this time, we do not support printing blank versions of your form into PDFs.
How do I know who sent the submission after I export it to a PDF?
- If enabled, each PDF will include a Unique ID which you can compare to the submissions report in your form's submissions page. Select the Unique ID setting in the Advanced PDF settings area.