Formstack offers a Single Sign-On (SSO) Autofill plugin that will allow you to require your form submitters to login via your org's SSO provider and optionally populate fields on your forms with information from the selected SSO provider. This is not the same as setting up SSO to login to your Formstack account. Those directions can be found here.
Note: This feature is only available for users on Custom or Enterprise Plans and above. Contact us if interested in upgrading to one of our larger plans.
Creating Your Auth Provider for Form Authentication
1. Add your authentication provider by going to My Account > Form Authentication and clicking 'New Auth Provider' at the top right. You'll want to be sure to give it a title that your users will recognize.
2. Next select the Auth Provider Type from the list. We currently support LDAP, CAS, Active Directory, and SAML 2.0 for Form Authentication.
3. Once you select an Auth Provider Type, the respective settings fields will populate below. Complete the settings with your organization's identity provider settings or metadata.
4. Optionally, you can set up custom SSO fields if you need additional information from your provider to autofill into your forms aside from the default fields. You'll just need to add a field name and SSO Key (from your SSO provider).
5. Once you complete the auth provider setup, click 'Create Auth Provider'.
Enabling SSO authentication on a form
6. Next, navigate to a form you'd like to enable SSO Autofill on. Go to the Settings tab > Security > Form Password. Select 'Single Sign-On (SSO'.
7. A new modal will display with auto-fill settings. First, select the Form Authentication Provider you just created from the list under 'Step 1'.
Setting up Field Autofill with your new Form Authentication Provider
8. On that same page, scroll down so that you can map fields from your form to the corresponding SSO fields. Any custom fields you added in the Authentication Provider settings will have the 'Custom SSO Field' to the right of the field name.
Now when going to the Form you'll arrive at a page that requires authenticating with your SSO credentials before the Form will be displayed and will auto-fill the mapped fields with the information from the SSO account.
If you are using more than one SSO provider, choose the provider. Next, enter your credentials in the SSO service login page. If you are not using more than one provider, you'll skip the page above and simply be directed to log in below.
Note: When accessing forms, we only support Service Provider-initiated flows.