Changes Coming Soon
We will be retiring support for Active Directory in June of 2021. To utilize SSO to login into the Formstack platform after this date, please configure your identification provider for SAML 2.0. This does not apply to External Form Authentication, where CAS, LDAP, and Active Directory will remain active..
The following is a guide for configuring Active Directory (AD) on your Enterprise or Custom Formstack Account and within your Forms. Before enabling this authentication method, we recommend reviewing the following articles:
- Single Sign-On Authentication
- Getting started with Active Directory
- Troubleshooting Active Directory
Be sure to thoroughly test your settings before confirming them. It’s also a good idea to provide an alternative login option until you have confirmed that these settings work as intended or as a back-up method.
Adding Active Directory to your Account
1. Logged in as the Admin User on your Account, navigate to your Account Profile page > Authentication.
2. In your "Your Authentication Providers" menu, choose the "New Auth Provider Your Authentication Providers" option to add your settings.
3. Under the second field, as the "Auth Provider Type" option, select "Active Directory" and add your preferred "Auth Provider Name" for the configuration. There is no standard for this field, you may enter any Auth Provider Name you'd like!
4. Before entering your "Active Directory LDAP Settings", please be sure you have gathered all necessary authentication details outlined in the Getting started with Active Directory guide. As a requirement, you will need to have your: LDAP Hostname, LDAP Port, Use SSL, LDAP Base DN, LDAP User RDN, and LDAP User Filter.
When you have entered these details, save your changes and your Active Directory configuration is complete!
As an optional setting, you may include Custom SSO User Fields. These fields are used in tandem with the Single Sign-On (SSO) Autofill plugin that allows your users to populate fields on your forms with information from a selected SSO Provider and populate in your Active Directory Authentication settings page in Formstack:
Custom Field Key: Locate the custom field is your Active Directory account and retrieve the field unique identifier or field key ID. Copy this from Active Directory and paste to your Formstack account.
Custom Field Label: Copy the field label from the Active Directory account and paste to your Formstack account.