As much as possible, we are striving to keep all the features you know and love from our Forms product available for use on mobile. However, in some cases it’s either not possible or doesn’t make sense given the application. Below are those differences.
There are a few differences around the look and feel of your form. Formstack Go is much more than a webview—it looks and feels slicker, but the customization options are a bit more limited. Those have been highlighted below.
- Forms—Theming inside the Formstack Builder will no longer affect the theme on your mobile device. Currently, you’ll have two theming options on mobile: light or dark. Those correspond to the Formstack light and dark themes on web (same fonts, colors, etc.). When you change the theme, it will change the theme for all forms on that one device only. When viewing via the share link, you’ll see whatever theme was chosen within the builder. When viewing from within Formstack Go, you’ll see whatever theme was chosen inside the Formstack Go app on that one device.
- Welcome messages—Welcome messages will still work with Formstack Go and will editable under Settings inside of Formstack. However, any fonts or colors chosen will be automatically replaced in Formstack Go with whatever theme choice you have applied on that device. Any images used (like a full bleed image with your company logo) will appear inside of Formstack Go, so this is a great way to brand your form in lieu of a logo header.
- Submission messages—We only include the DEFAULT message for Formstack Go (the “Thank You” with the check mark). Similar to the Welcome Message, it will inherit the background color/fonts of the theme chosen on that particular device. Any customization you do to the submission message will only appear when using the share link, not when using Formstack Go. This also means that logic and redirects will not work with submission messages inside Formstack Go.
You may occasionally notice a form or field inside Formstack Go that is grayed out and can’t be used in the app. More than likely, it has one of the following features/field types in it.
- Credit Card field and payment integrations will not work on mobile—We’ve discontinuing the use of the credit card field on mobile forms because it doesn’t currently meet PCI compliance requirements. If a form has a credit card field on it, it will still open in Formstack Go, but when you get to that field in the form it will appear as a gray box that says “unsupported field.”
- Offline Limitations—For the most part, we’re trying to blur the line between offline and online so you don’t even have to think about it. The app just works. But there a couple slight differences.
- Event/Product field—This is only if the event/product is limited in quantity or requires payment (but payments won’t work offline or online).
- Embed field—These in theory will work, but given we have no way of testing your code, we can’t guarantee it. We strongly recommend you test out the form in offline mode to make sure.
- Save & Resume—This does not currently work in Formstack Go.