You have the ability to set up integration between steps of your workflow process. This makes it easy to move data into your other systems while the form progresses rather than waiting until the workflow is completed.
Note: Formstack Documents and Stash integrations are the only integrations available to be used between Workflow form steps at this time.
To set up an integration between steps of a Workflow form you will need to start in the Workflow Builder and select the step to add an integration. The integration will run after this step of the process is completed.
Select the ‘Add Connector’ icon in the top right corner of the step.
If this is your first time setting up a Formstack Documents or Stash integration, you will need to navigate to the integration page under ‘Settings’ on the form and log into your respective account. Check out these documents if you need help setting up the Formstack Documents or Stash integrations.
You can then configure your integration inside the workflow step. In order to avoid errors, please ensure that information being used to configure your integration will have been submitted in the current step or in a previous step. When finished, be sure to complete all required information and set your integration’s run mode to ‘On.’
A couple of things to remember about integrations between steps of your workflow.
- If a step of a workflow is skipped due to Workflow Logic, any integration dedicated to that step will also be skipped.
- You are not able to set up the same integration twice on a step, but you may set up multiple instances of the same integration on different steps. For example, a Stash integration can be set up on Step 1 and Step 4.
- Integrations cannot be configured on the last step of the workflow process. If you would like integrations to run when the workflow is completed, please set them up in the integration section of the form under ‘Settings.’
- Formstack Documents and Stash integrations are the only integrations available to be used between Workflow form steps at this time.
- All other Formstack integration can be set up to run after the workflow is completed in the integration section of the form under ‘Settings.’