If you have logged into our new Admin page to manage your account's users, you'll notice there are two different types of user roles; Platform and Product.
Platform Roles - Roles that designate what the user can do within the Admin Panel.
Product Roles - Roles that designate what the user can do within a particular product such as Forms, Docs, or Sign.
Types of Platform Roles
Platform Admin - The Platform Role that allows the user to:
- Invite users to an account
- Assign platform roles
- Add new users to existing products (paid or trialing) and set their Product Roles
- Edit account settings such as basic information like the Account Name and logo, and password policy
- Trial new products
Basic User - The Platform role that allows a user to:
- View and edit their profile information and personal security settings (2FA, password)
- View product information and request that a Trial of a new product be started by a Platform Admin
Types of Product Roles
- A Basic User can be an Admin user at the product level
- A Platform Admin can be a standard user at the product level
- A Platform Admin can have no product roles
- A Basic user can have no product roles
- A Platform Admin can be an Admin user one product and a Standard user on another