Responding quickly to your customers and employees requests is crucial to business success today. Being able to receive notifications where your team is spending their time will give you a major advantage.
Microsoft Teams is one of the top business communication channels where businesses are getting work done today.
By setting up the Formstack Forms<>Microsoft Teams integration you can receive notifications immediately anytime somebody fills out one of your forms in a specific channel in Microsoft Teams.
Here's a quick video to show you how to get everything set up:
How to Setup Integration:
Step 1: Build a Form in your Formstack Forms Account
Step 2: Select a New Flow in Power Automate
You can do this by logging into your Power Automate account and clicking My Flows>+New Flow>Instant Cloud Flow.
Step 3: Name Flow & Select the Formstack Forms Trigger
- Give your flow a name of your choice.
- Type in Formstack Forms in the “Choose your flow’s trigger” box & select “Triggers when a form is submitted.”
- Click Create.
Step 4: Connect your Power Automate & Formstack Forms Accounts
Follow prompts to sign into your Formstack Forms account using your username/password and give Power Automate permission to connect.
Step 5: Select a Form
From the dropdown, select a form that you’d like to use in this flow & click + New Step.
Step 6: Choose Microsoft Teams & Your Action
Step 7: Choose the Channel you want to Notify & Customize Notification
To setup your notification to the right place, follow the below easy steps:
- Team: The name of your Teams Account
- Channel: Choose the Channel in Teams that you want to notify
- Message: Customize your message to be sent to the channel upon form submission
- You can type in a custom message
- You can use values submitted in your form by clicking “Add dynamic content”
- You’ll see a dropdown of all of your form questions
- Simply add the form questions in your message & the values submitted in the form will be merged into these placeholders in each notification. Super simple!
Step 8: Save & test your flow
Click save on your flow & now you are ready to test.
To test your new flow, simply make a form submission on your Form & watch your notification pop in your channel in Teams!
Congrats! Now your team will be notified every time somebody submits a form!