Add new application for Single Sign-On (SSO) in Azure Active Directory
- Login to Azure. The url should point to https://portal.azure.com/#home
- Navigate to Azure Active Directory service. You can search for "Azure Active Directory" in the search box at the top of the page.
- In the left-hand panel, navigate to Enterprise Applications. From there, select All Applications.
- Click New Application to add a new application.
- In the Add from the Gallery section, search for “SAML” and add the Azure AD SAML Toolkit. Give it a name.
Add SSO users to app and set up SSO
Once the application you added loads, you are ready to go through the following Getting Started steps:
- Assign users and groups. Click + Add User.
- You will need to add all users you want to be able to login to Formstack via SSO.
- Setup Single Sign-On
- Choose SAML
- Copy App Federation Metadata Url
Create New Auth Provider in Formstack
Navigate to the Authentication section of your Formstack and Add New Auth Provider
- Give it a name and choose SAML 2.0 as provider type.
- Paste the App Federation Metadata Url you previously copied from your Azure Active Directory settings into the Import from URL field and then click Create Auth Provider
- This will create new URLs that you will add to your setting in Azure Active Directory.
Complete SSO configuration in Azure Active Directory
- Copy and paste the following newly created URLs back into Azure “Basic SAML Configuration” box
- Entity ID -> Identifier
- ACS URL -> Reply URL
- For me, that is user.mail but yours could be different.
- This is where you can add custom attributes you want to use within Formstack for things such as form prefilling.
Done! You are now ready to enjoy the Single Sign-On experience.